Tell The World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

SPINACH PESTO PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES

ManOfPeace
    ManOfPeace
    LEAD Moderator
    LEAD Moderator

Works : 85

SPINACH PESTO PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES Empty SPINACH PESTO PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES

Post by ManOfPeace August 16th 2012, 6:33 pm

SPINACH PESTO PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES L1060430

What you need:
    2 cups fresh spinach
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 clove garlic, chopped or crushed
    1/4 cup walnuts
    1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
    salt and pepper, to taste
    vegetables (I used golden beets, tomatoes, and asparagus)
    pasta
    pine nuts

What you do:
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For spinach pesto, blend spinach in a food processor with olive oil until fairly smooth. Add garlic, walnuts, yeast, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth, adding more olive oil if necessary.
    2. Roast vegetables. If using asparagus, tomatoes, or similar veggies, add during last 15 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse with cold water, and toss with pesto. Let sit until needed. This will allow the pesto to soak into the pasta.
    3. After all the veggies are done roasting, remove and cut into small pieces. After veggies are removed, roast pine nuts for 2-3 minutes. Assemble roasted veggies on top of pasta. Sprinkle roasted pine nuts on top.
    This would be great with all sorts of roasted vegetables, I used what I had on hand: beets, asparagus, and tomatoes. Other good things would be red peppers, garlic cloves, red onion, broccoli, eggplant, fennel, or zucchini. Go wild! To be honest, the veggies were good, but the spinach pesto really stole the show!
    Source of recipe: Dreamed this up while procrastinating at work.

Preparation Time:
    15 minutes

Cooking Time:
    45 minutes

Servings:

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 10:44 pm