Tell The World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

2 posters

Whose Music is "Rock"?

JesSDA
    JesSDA

Works : 87

Whose Music is "Rock"? Empty Whose Music is "Rock"?

Post by JesSDA June 7th 2012, 11:00 am

The Bible tells that that we should test the spirits to see whether they are from
    God (1 John 4:1). Since the beginning, rock and roll has been connected to the
    powers of darkness. Even the phrase rock and roll finds its origins in immorality
    and perversion, which are some of Satan's favorite tools.

Take, for example, this excerpt from the magazine Ultrakill:
    We've got Satan, Beelzebub, Satanial, the Serpent...and lord of misrule...But what
    about the musical connection with all of this? Well even before heavy metal the Devil
    took an interest in rock 'n roll. The very term rock 'n roll started life as a Black
    American expression for sex. And sinful procreation has been the Devil's province for
    a long, long time.i

What an admission! And this opinion that rock and Satan are old bed partners is not
    exclusive to magazine journalists. The musicians themselves are all too aware of this
    obvious connection. Consider these statements by David Bowie, one of the rock and
    pop industry's all time heroes:

"I believe rock 'n roll is dangerous, it could very well bring about a very evil feeling in
    the west...it's got to go the other way now, and that's where I see it heading, bringing
    about the dark era..."

"I feel that we are only heralding something even darker than ourselves."

"Rock 'n' roll lets in lower elements and shadows that I don't think are necessary.
    Rock has always been the Devil's music, you can't convince me that it isn't.ii"

In what ways can we consider rock and roll to be the devil's music?

It is clear from the results of Rock Music like distorted sexuality, distorted spirituality,
    and distorted understanding of God that the rock industry is run by Satan. Remember
    again the words of David Bowie:

"Rock has always been the Devil's music, you cannot convince me that it isn't."

Even though many of the statements from the pop-rock industry are often harsh and
    in many ways incriminating, this article is by no means a condemnation of the individual
    people that made them. The things that the music media have said are merely
    coherent expressions of the institution they are a part of.

People come and go; Satan uses them like disposable trash—the same as he attempts
    to use you and me—and then mercilessly discards them when they have outlived their
    purpose. Jesus died for each of these people, and bears the sins of every repentant
    soul. He loves every one, from Elvis to Madonna, very dearly. We ought to have the
    same attitude and should present their souls to God in prayer.

Does this mean that it would be okay to go out and buy their records or listen to their
    music? No, it does not. When someone or an establishment, is being used as a dedicated
    instrument for Satan then, it is our duty, for our own best safety, to have nothing to do
    with them (see 2 Timothy 3:1-5). But remember, this does not mean that we should not
    pray for the lost.

Let us present all that we are, sinful and needy, together with the lives of these
    broken people, before God for healing.

References:
    i ."The truth about the Devil," Ultrakill volume 3: back page.
    ii. Rolling Stone Magazine (1972).
    iii. TIME (April 28, 1967): 53.
    iv. Sunday Argus (December 14/15, 1996).
    v. Sunday Times (November 17, 1996).
    vi. Ibid.
    Jonathan Goldman, Healing Sounds: The Power of Harmonics (Healing Arts Press, 2002): 11.
    viii. The World's Greatest Composers.
    ix. William Foster, Toward Soviet America (California: Elgin Enterprises Inc.): 317.
    x. Playboy (February 1965): 58.
    xi. John Lennon, A Spaniard in the Works (NY: Simon and Schuster): 14.
    xii. Saturday evening Post (August 8, 1964): 28.

Courtesy of Facebook
    Posted by Devaney Tupas Fuentes
    Amazing
    Amazing
    Owner
    Owner

Works : 193

Whose Music is "Rock"? Empty Whose Music?

Post by Amazing August 16th 2012, 3:35 pm

Whose Music?

Author: Amazing Discoveries™
    Summary: Whose principles do we see expressed in rock and metal music? Whose idea was this type of music? Who is glorified?

The Bible tells that that we should test the spirits to see whether they are from God (1 John 4:1 ). Since the beginning, rock and roll has been connected to the powers of darkness. Even the phrase rock and roll finds its origins in immorality and perversion, which are some of Satan's favorite tools.

Take, for example, this excerpt from the magazine Ultrakill:

We've got Satan, Beelzebub, Satanial, the Serpent...and lord of misrule...But what about the musical connection with all of this? Well even before heavy metal the Devil took an interest in rock 'n roll. The very term rock 'n roll started life as a Black American expression for sex. And sinful procreation has been the Devil's province for a long, long time.i

What an admission! And this opinion that rock and Satan are old bed partners is not exclusive to magazine journalists. The musicians themselves are all too aware of this obvious connection. Consider these statements by David Bowie, one of the rock and pop industry's all time heroes:

I believe rock 'n roll is dangerous, it could very well bring about a very evil feeling in the west...it's got to go the other way now, and that's where I see it heading, bringing about the dark era...

I feel that we are only heralding something even darker than ourselves.

Rock 'n' roll lets in lower elements and shadows that I don't think are necessary. Rock has always been the Devil's music, you can't convince me that it isn't.ii

In what ways can we consider rock and roll to be the devil's music?

Sex

The manager of the Rolling Stones said this:

Rock IS sex. You have to hit teenagers in the face with it!iii

The sexual message of the rock and pop music stands out like a beacon, proudly displaying the satanic colors of this industry. The Bible is more than clear about the sacred nature of sexual relations.

The history of the children of Israel speaks volumes about this important subject. Satan allured them to paganism through sexual perversion. Before they knew it, the Israelites were in so deep that they even began practicing homosexuality and bizarre occult orgies and ceremonies.

Rock has a very significant sexual element. All you have to do is turn on a music channel and you will see the language of sex spoken through fashion, suggestive actions, dance, imagery, musical atmosphere, and lyrics.

Elton John believes, quite unashamedly, that there is nothing wrong with going to bed with somebody of your own sex. David Lee Roth, former lead vocalist of Van Halen, proudly said, "I may not go down in history, but I will go down on your little daughter."
    In October of 1996, Madonna gave birth to her daughter, Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon. She stated that she had no intentions of marrying the girl's father, Carlos Leon. One article about Madonna says this:

Madonna whose suggestive videos have earned the wrath of religious groups, said she was not concerned her reputation as a sex queen would make it hard to raise her daughter. "I consider myself to be a very moral person."iv

One wonders what moral guide Madonna is referring to when she asserts that she is a "very moral person," because, while she publicizes her morality, the interview goes on to say that she has no intention of toning down her bad-girl image now that she has become a mother.
    George Michael is another of the "pop elite" who shows us the industry's lack of conscience. When asked if his sex life had improved as he got older, Michael said this: Oh...yeah. It's not even a matter of getting better. It's a matter of me finally knowing what it is about and being with the right people and having the right sexual experience.v

Michael dedicated his latest album, Older, to a gay friend, fueling rumors about his sexual bias.vi

Satan loves that we passively accept the media's distorted presentation of sex. Nearly every free moment we get finds us tuning in to that cherished television drama or music channel, which so often today, portrays couples in heated sexual embrace.

And still, in self-righteous blindness, we convince ourselves that we are not watching because of the sex—it's just the story and the art that we enjoy. We become observers, congratulating ourselves that we do not actively get involved in such disgraceful conduct.

Some viewers will tell you that TV keeps them from getting lonely, and that the evil portrayed in the program has no effect on their mature Christian minds. What happened to the company of God's Holy Word? What happened to desperately-needed hours of intense Bible study and fervent prayer?
    We have fooled ourselves into believing that we can just walk off the playing field of life and take a seat in the grandstand as observers. But what God calls us to do is to walk right out of the stadium and join the ranks of those who keep themselves from being polluted by the world (James 1:27 ).

In fact, Jesus said that to even look at a woman in lust is to commit adultery (Matthew 5:28 . When we watch TV, we take part mentally with the activities we are watching. By watching movies and shows full of nudity and sexual relations, we are mentally taking part in these activities. There's no such thing as "just an observer."

The Occult

Music and occult practices have always gone hand in hand:

The use of music in sacred ceremonies and shamanic rituals has occurred since ancient times. It has recently been verified that sounds can be used to effect and change our brainwaves. The changes of these rates crates changes in consciousness, allowing mystically altered states to be induced. The relationship between occult wisdom and sounds may at first seem far removed. Yet, in the Ancient Mystery Schools of Egypt, Rome, Greece, Tibet, India and other centers of learning, knowledge of sounds was a highly refined science.vii

Therefore, it is not surprising that the list of names of entertainers who have ventured into the occult reads like a "who's who" of the showbiz industry. Elvis, the Beatles, Elton John, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rush, Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/ DC, Sting, Linkin Park, Eminem, and Jay-Z are just a few of the musicians and groups who partake in Satan worship and sexual perversion.

Sting, when referring to the character he played in the movie Brimstone and Treacle, said, "He's a kind of nice boy...well mannered but also quite nasty, one minute you're laughing, the next you're squirming. That's why I want to make the film...it's closer to the real me."viii
    The same applied to the Feyd character he played in the movie Dune a year later:

I am Feyd...I'm very lucky that I can exorcise my shadow, my demon, on screen. Most people have to repress any dark shadow that they have. I'm allowed to bring it out.

Both roles fit in perfectly with the "Prince of Darkness" label he was earning—and his music was heading in the same dark direction.

Who else is called the Prince of Darkness? It is not just the heavy metal segment of the industry that bears this trademark connection with the darker side. Satan is working hard to corrupt every facet of the pop and rock industry. You have heard it straight from the people themselves.

Aleister Crowley , the father of modern satanism, was not wrong when he revealed that he had put together a system of magic, which if ever combined with the power of music, could revolutionize the world. What makes Crowley's philosophy even more pertinent is the fact many musicians are followers of Crowley's satanic theology.

Ozzy Osbourne wrote a song about Crowley, and the Beatles featured Crowley on an album cover.

Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin had such a deep fascination with Crowley that he ended up buying the castle in England which, Crowley, his mentor, used to own. For a time he also operated one of the biggest occult bookstores in London.

Yes, the devil did take a very deep interest in rock and roll since the very beginning of its history, as Ultrakill magazine so aptly put it. In fact, rock and roll was his idea in the first place.

Blasphemy

Blasphemy is saying false things about God. As Christians, we should be offended when people speak evil against our God. So what kind of witness are we when we rush out and buy the records of musicians who mock our loving Lord and Saviour? Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones, who wrote the song "Sympathy for the Devil," had this to say about Jesus:

"If Jesus had been indicted in a modern court, he would have been examined by doctors, found to be obsessed by a delusion, declared incompetent and incapable of pleading his case, and sent to an asylum."ix

Ringo Starr said this when he was still with the Beatles:

"We are not just anti-Christ...just anti-pope and anti-Christian. Jesus is dead."x

And he was not the only Beatle who dared verbalize his feelings so strongly. John Lennon wrote this in A Spaniard in the Works:

"Jesus is a garlic-eating, stinking, little yellow, greasy fascist bastard, Catholic Spaniard."xi

Derek Taylor, former press secretary for the Beatles declared this:

"Here are four Liverpool lads who are rude, profane, vulgar, yet they have taken over the world. It is as if they have founded a new religion. They are completely anti-Christ. So much so, they shock me! This is not easy to do."xii

Many modern song lyrics also contain lies about God or misuse His name. Jann Arden's 1994 song "Could I be Your Girl" contains these lyrics:

"And I am ashes,
    I am Jesus,
    I am precious,
    Could I be your girl?"

Marilyn Manson's song "The Reflecting God" says this:

"I went to god just to see,
    And I was looking at me,
    Saw heaven and hell were lies,
    When I'm god everyone dies."

And John Lennon wrote these words:

"God is a concept by which we can measure our pain...
    I don't believe in Bible...I don't believe in Jesus..
    I just believe in me.
    Yoko and me,
    And that's reality."

It is clear from these examples of distorted sexuality, distorted spirituality, and distorted understanding of God that the rock industry is run by Satan. Remember again the words of David Bowie:

"Rock has always been the Devil's music, you cannot convince me that it isn't."

Even though many of the statements from the pop-rock industry are often harsh and in many ways incriminating, this article is by no means a condemnation of the individual people that made them. The things that the music media have said are merely coherent expressions of the institution they are a part of.

People come and go; Satan uses them like disposable trash—the same as he attempts to use you and me—and then mercilessly discards them when they have outlived their purpose. Jesus died for each of these people, and bears the sins of every repentant soul. He loves every one, from Elvis to Madonna, very dearly. We ought to have the same attitude and should present their souls to God in prayer.

Does this mean that it would be okay to go out and buy their records or listen to their music? No, it does not. When someone or an establishment, is being used as a dedicated instrument for Satan then, it is our duty, for our own best safety, to have nothing to do with them (see 2 Timothy 3:1-5 ). But remember, this does not mean that we should not pray for the lost.

Let us present all that we are, sinful and needy, together with the lives of these broken people, before God for healing.

i ."The truth about the Devil," Ultrakill volume 3: back page.
    ii. Rolling Stone Magazine (1972).
    iii. TIME (April 28, 1967): 53.
    iv. Sunday Argus (December 14/15, 1996).
    v. Sunday Times (November 17, 1996).
    vi. Ibid.
    Jonathan Goldman, Healing Sounds: The Power of Harmonics (Healing Arts Press, 2002): 11.
    viii. The World's Greatest Composers.
    ix. William Foster, Toward Soviet America (California: Elgin Enterprises Inc.): 317.
    x. Playboy (February 1965): 58.
    xi. John Lennon, A Spaniard in the Works (NY: Simon and Schuster): 14.
    xii. Saturday evening Post (August 8, 1964): 28.

Current date/time is March 19th 2024, 8:28 am