Tell The World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

Lemon and Ginger Tofu with Beautiful Sauce

Amazing
    Amazing
    Owner
    Owner

Works : 193

Lemon and Ginger Tofu with Beautiful Sauce Empty Lemon and Ginger Tofu with Beautiful Sauce

Post by Amazing August 16th 2012, 4:13 pm

Lemon and Ginger Tofu with Beautiful Sauce Gingerlimetof

What you need:
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
    2 tablespoons chopped shallot
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    1 teaspoon cumin powder
    1/2 teaspoon chilli paste (I use sambal oeleck, if not available use chopped fresh red chilli)
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    3 tablespoons water
    4 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 lemon, zested
    1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided pinch salt
    14 ounces firm tofu, sliced
    6-8 tablespoons coconut milk steamed jasmine rice, to serve steamed vegetables, to serve (I use a frozen mixture of Thai vegetables)
    cilantro, to garnish, optional

What you do:
    1. Mix together garlic, ginger, shallots, coriander powder, cumin, chilli paste, soy sauce, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and the salt in a dish to make a marinade. Stir it well so all the flavors bond.
    2. Place the tofu in the marinade making sure each piece is well coated, cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, 2 or 3 hours would be ideal.
    3. Heat a frying pan up to medium-hot and put the rest of the oil (1 tablespoon) in it. Take the tofu out of the dish letting excess marinade drip back into the dish (do not discard the leftover marinade!) and cook tofu in pan for about 5 to 10 minutes, until nicely browned.
    4. When tofu is cooked, put it aside and keep it warm. I keep mine on a plate in the grill on the low setting. Turn the pan down to low-medium and pour the leftover marinade (chunky bits and all) into it, stir for a minute or two and add the coconut milk, turning the heat down to low as you do so.
    5. Bring to a boil or until it reaches the desired consistency for the sauce (I like a thick sauce, but not too thick) and its all ready. Place the tofu on the steamed rice and pour the sauce over it. Serve the steamed vegetables next to the rice, garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
    A delicious Thai inspired dish, which looks beautiful on a plate with colorful Thai vegetables. Substituting the lemon juice and rind for lime also works brilliantly and makes it much more Thai.

Preparation Time:
    30 min

Cooking Time:

Servings:

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 3:44 pm