Tell The World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

The Permissive Psychology & The Ten Commandments

JesSDA
    JesSDA

Works : 87

The Permissive Psychology & The Ten Commandments Empty The Permissive Psychology & The Ten Commandments

Post by JesSDA September 1st 2012, 8:20 pm

The Permissive Psychology & The Ten Commandments

Let us examine the foundation of this lawless age and its permissive psychology. The frightening statistics of our moral degeneracy are ever before us. We can't deny them or ignore them either, much as we'd like to do so. We've already discovered the responsibility of parents in this cascade of juvenile violence. It has also been seen that Hollywood and TV fare simply feed the flames of crime, perverted sex, and delinquency. But today we're going to dig deeper around the foundation of our weakness and reveal a startling basic cause for our trouble.

You may disagree with me, but God says the church is responsible. He says in Ezekiel 22:26: "Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things; they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my Sabbaths, and I am profaned among them." Do you realize that since 1900 the churches have had a concerted program of undermining and doing away with God's holy Ten Commandment Law? I'm not talking about all churches, friends, but I'm talking about organized religions and a lot of theology. Many churches have taught that the Ten Commandments have been done away with and that God no longer requires us to be obedient to His Law. Do you know, back around 1900 there was hardly a church that didn't have the Ten Commandments hanging right up in front of the church. Every child in Sunday School was taught the Ten Commandments by heart. And your parents taught you to obey God, honor your parents, respect life and property of others.

A few years ago most every Christian could repeat God's Law from memory; today we find very few who can do it. In fact, today we find many young people who haven't even heard of the Ten Commandments, don't even know anything at all about God's Law. And the churches are to blame because they have literally thrown the Ten Commandments out of the church. Oh, I know that in the official teachings of every church you will find a sanction and acceptance of God's law but I'm talking about the practical aspects of it now, friends. Whenever anyone starts to emphasize the importance of obedience to those commandments, he is told that we don't come under the Law anymore and that we're not expected to keep it because it's been done away with. And thus we find the response to all authority just boils down to this. If God's Law has been done away with and isn't binding on us anymore, why should we worry about any authority? If you can get away with it, then go ahead and do it; it's alright. That's the modern psychology which has been born out of this attitude of a lot of the churches. Sometimes we're told that the Law was against us, therefore it had to be taken out of the way. But when I look at that wonderful moral code of God, my friends, I'm led to wonder just which one of them is against us. I'm of the opinion that if the whole world were to be obedient to all of the will of God, this would be a better place in which to live.

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 2:51 pm