Tell The World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

Attributes of GOD & The Holy Law - Examined

JesSDA
    JesSDA

Works : 87

Attributes of GOD & The Holy Law - Examined Empty Attributes of GOD & The Holy Law - Examined

Post by JesSDA September 1st 2012, 8:18 pm

Attributes of GOD & The Holy Law - Examined

God is described as being love, truth, righteousness, perfection, holiness, and of course, He is eternal. Did you know that the Bible also said those very same things about God's Law? First of all, look at I John 4:8. "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." When Jesus was asked concerning His Father's Law, He said that the very basis of the Ten Commandments is found in love. You'll find that in Matthew 22:37,38. Yes, God is love and those Ten Commandments also are love. In John 14:6 Jesus describes Himself as being the Truth. "I am the Way and the Truth and the Life." Then in Psalm 119:142 God says, "Thy law is truth," There it is; the two are the same. I Corinthians 1:30 records that God is righteous, and we're told in Psalm 119:172 that all God's commandments are righteous statutes. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus told us that His Father in Heaven is perfect and we're told in Psalms 19:7 that the Law of the Lord is also perfect, converting the soul. Isaiah 6:3 calls attention to the fact that God is holy, while Paul tells us in Romans 7:12 that God's Law also is holy. Well, we could just go right on down the list, friends, and show you the comparison between God's character, the way the Bible describes Him, and the way the Bible also describes those holy Ten Commandments.

Where does the Bible tell us the Law of God is to be found? You'll find that it is written in the heart of Jesus. Notice what David said in prophesying about Jesus, in Psalm 40:8. "I delight to do thy will, 0 my God, yea, Thy law is within my heart." There it is! God's Law is found in Jesus' heart. Thus Jesus could say at the end of His life on earth, "I have kept my Father's commandments; I have done His will.'' He was tempted in all points as we are yet without sin. So we find God's Law in Jesus' heart and to throw out God's Law is simply to throw out Jesus, for Jesus and His Law are inseparately bound together. The Ten Commandments contain the very principles of what Jesus is and what He wants us to be in our own lives. We read in Hebrews 8:10. "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people." Yes, Jesus wants to write His Law in our hearts also and do you know that when Jesus lives out His life in ours, it will be the same life of perfect obedience to His father's commandments which He lived while He was here in the flesh upon this earth.

If we truly love Jesus, we'll show that love by doing His will and refraining from breaking His commandments.

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 4:16 am