Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

Why, then, is the law an absolute essential for perfecting Christian character?

JesSDA

Works : 87

Post by JesSDA on September 1st 2012, 8:13 pm

"Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." Ecclesiates 12:13.

"By the law is the knowledge of sin." Romans 3:20.

Because the full pattern, or "whole duty," for Christian living is contained in God's law. Like a 6-year-old boy who made his own ruler, measured himself, and told his mother that he was 12 feet tall, our own standards are never safe. I cannot know whether I am a sinner unless I look carefully into the perfect standard--God's law-mirror.

Millions who have cast out devils, prophesied, and done many wonderful works in Jesus' name will be lost (Matthew 7:21-23) because they did not bother to check their lives with His great law-pattern. Hence, they think they are righteous and saved when, instead, they are sinful and lost. "Hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments." 1 John 2:3.

Current date/time is June 21st 2018, 10:21 am