Tell The World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

How are we saved?

JesSDA
    JesSDA

Works : 87

How are we saved?  Empty How are we saved?

Post by JesSDA September 1st 2012, 12:44 pm

How are we saved?
    If salvation is gained through works, Christ died for no reason. But if salvation is gained through grace, do we still need to follow the law?

According to Scripture, we all need salvation because we have all sinned (Romans 3:23). Salvation is a gift from God that we receive by grace. Jesus took the punishment for our sins upon Himself. Our own works cannot save us.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:Cool.

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work
    (Romans 11:6).

This saving grace is wonderful news. But does it free us from obedience to God’s law? NO. In fact, grace establishes the law. The law cannot save us, but it can warn us by telling us what sin is.

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law (Romans 3:31).

Romans 6:14-16 tells us this:
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Simply then, sin (transgressing God’s law) leads to eternal death, but grace leads to eternal life.

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good
    (Romans 7:12).

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20).

It is by grace that we are saved, delivered from sin, justified, restored, and sanctified. On one hand, grace sets right our relationship with God. On the other hand, the law tells us what sin is so that we may avoid it by the grace of God. A true conversion will fill the heart with gratitude and the restored person will want to live in harmony with the law of God. Why does God not save everyone?

Jesus said, “If ye love me, keep my commandments…If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love” (John 14:15, 15:10).

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous (1 John 5:3).

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 4:46 pm