Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

Jesus Christ "Fulfilled the Law." What does this mean?

JesSDA

Works : 87

Post by JesSDA on September 1st 2012, 12:08 pm

Jesus said, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." Mat. 5:17. "Fulfill" certainly does not mean "destroy." Jesus said don't even think that thought! "Fulfill" means rather to "fill full" or "fill up" in completeness. A few chapters earlier, Jesus said He came to "fulfill all righteousness" when He was baptized (Matthew 3:15). Did that mean He abolished baptism because He "fulfilled" it? Obviously not. He fulfilled baptism as our example. It's the same with the law. During His earthly life, Jesus Christ perfectly fulfilled the Ten Commandments by keeping them as our example. He never stole, lied, or dishonored His parents. Jesus Christ also said, "till heaven and earth pass, o­ne jot or o­ne tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Mat. 5:18). In this light, then He said we should not "break o­ne of these least commandments," but should "do" and "teach" them. Mat. 5:18,19.

Which "commandments" was He talking about? A few verses later Jesus referred to the 7th commandment which says, "Thou shalt not commit adultery" (Mat. 5:27). He then declared that even the lustful look was committing adultery in the heart (vs. 28) and could send a person to hell (vs. 29). Thus breaking God's moral law of Ten Commandments is dangerous and potentially soul-damning. That's what Jesus Christ clearly taught.

Therefore when professed Christians say Jesus Christ abolished the Ten Commandments, someone should ask, "Will the real Jesus please stand up?"
    "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are ... murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. I, Jesus, have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches." Revelation 22:14,15 (KJV)

Current date/time is October 16th 2018, 6:33 pm