Tell The World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell The World Forum focuses on the study of the Holy Scriptures and to sharing the good news of Jesus soon coming. A place of sharing with no discrimination and debate.

Who Is the Antichrist?

Revealer
    Revealer
    Administrator
    Administrator

Works : 115

Who Is the Antichrist? Empty Who Is the Antichrist?

Post by Revealer August 23rd 2012, 4:47 pm

Revelation Reveals The Antichrist

Today we have a lesson that is very important and yet very sensitive and even a little bit controversial. Our subject tonight is dealing with the antichrist of Revelation, “Revelation Reveals the Antichrist.” And I want to remind you that there is an Amazing Fact Study Guide that corresponds with this that has a lot of the same plus even more information, many of the facts in the Scriptures that you’re going to be hearing about that some of the sites have and it can also be ordered, and it’s called, “Who Is The Antichrist”?

Now as we get into our lesson, maybe I should set the stage by having you turn to the book of Revelation chapter 13, this is where you find the beast. I was gonna get right into the program but I’d rather open up and get right into the word. Revelation chapter 13, first of all when we think of the Beast of Revelation 13 it’s a--it’s a common misunderstanding, there are actually two beasts. Revelation 13 verse 1, “Then I stood on the sand of the sea and I saw a beast rising up out of the sea.” Now you go to Revelation 13 verse 11, “Then I saw another beast coming out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.” So how many beast in Revelation 13? We always think of the mark of the beast but there are really two beasts there. We’ll say more about that later.

When we talk about the antichrist and the beast, a lot of people wonder, “Are they the same? Is it different”? The word “antichrist” does not appear in Revelation. That shocked me when I first heard that. Some people think the book of Revelation is all about the antichrist, the word does not even appear there. The word “antichrist” appears, well, four times, “antichrist,” the word “antichrists” appears once, total of five times, and they’re in the books of John, I John, II John. And matter of fact, John back in his day said tha--said, “There are even now many antichrists.”

The word “antichrist” means in opposition to or in place of Christ. So this power is opposed to or putting itself in place of Christ, meaning attempting to counterfeit or to be a manufactured false representation. So just--we’re gonna go back to Revelation 13, turn with me to Daniel 7. Now we’ve learned in prophecy code the key to unlock Revelation is by having an understanding of the other books of prophecy in the Bible. In Daniel chapter 7, is a prophecy where it deals with these beasts that come up out of the sea. The fourth of these four beasts is the antichrist and synonymous with the beast of Revelation 13.

In the Book of Daniel, God tries to give the history of God’s people in the battle between the kingdom of God and the kingdoms of the world, and He gives it in a number of visions. Daniel chapter 2, it’s given in the vision of a metal man, head of gold is Babylon, arms are Medo-Persia, and this is all explained in--in the prophecy, the belly bronze is Greece, the legs of iron are Rome, the feet of iron and clay represent the divisions of the Roman Empire.

And then a stone comes, the rock of Ages, Jesus, destroys this idol and fills the whole earth. Bible says the knowledge of the Lord will fill the whole earth. Then you get to Revelation, I’m sorry, Daniel chapter 7, it tells a similar hers--history but now it’s using a vision of a lion, a bear, a leopard, and this other strange beast. In Daniel chapter 8 it does it in the context of a goat and a ram.

Then when you get to Daniel chapter 10, 11, and 12, it becomes even more intricate. Every prophecy gives deeper detail. Revelation has something of the same. In Revelation it gives the history of the church from the first coming to the second coming; first it’s in the religious history, the seven churches of Revelation chapters 2 and 3. Then you’ve got the political history of the church in the seven seals of Revelation. Then you have a military history of the church in the seven trumpets of Revelation. God is trying to give us perspective. You know that’s one reason we’ve got two eyes. You get your depth and you get two ears so you can hear an stereo and I supposed there’s a reason we have two nostrils, I’m not sure what that is. But I know why God give us one mouth, that’s all we can handle.

But so you get the different dimensions of the prophecies through this repetition. Alright, let’s start reading quickly, Revelation 7, I’m gonna jump right to verse 2, no, no, no, no, no, Daniel chapter 7, thank you. Daniel 7 verse 2, “And Daniel spoke saying, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up a great sea.”

“And four great beast(s) came up from the sea, each different form the other. The first was like,’” a what? “A lion, and he had eagle’s wings and I watched till its wings are plucked off, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made a stand upon two feet like a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.”

“Then suddenly another beast, second, like a bear, it raised itself up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth, and they said thus to it, arise, devour much flesh. After this I looked, and behold, there was another, like a leopard, which had on his back four wings of a bird, and the beast also had four heads; and dominion was given to it.”

“And after this,” here’s the fourth beast, the antichrist power, “a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong, that had huge iron teeth,” don’t forget the iron, “it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beast(s) that were before it, and had ten horns.” Just like the metal image had ten toes.

“I was considering the horns, and there came up another little horn among the ten and coming up before whom three of the first ones were plucked up by the roots. And there was in this horn the eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth speaking great and pompous words.”

And I’m gonna jump down here. Daniel is talking to the angel. He wants to know a lot more it says he was especially concerned about the fourth beast. And he said in verse 19, “I wish to know the truth about the fourth beast,” cause this one it says is gonna persecute the saints. And verse 23, “The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom on the earth, which will be different from all the other kingdoms, it will devour the whole earth, trample it, break it in pieces.”

Study more here.

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 1:09 pm